Vila Marina N°2 (Salema) – A very special haven on the Atlantic coast
4 persons2 double beds81 sqmKitchen / dining areaBook now
Rugged cliffs and smooth white surfaces, glass and wood, right angles and organic forms. Aesthetically intelligent without being excessively cool and offering outstanding living comfort for all guests. It is not without reason that Vila Marina featured in the Portuguese architecture and lifestyle magazine ‘Casas de Portugal’ soon after its completion.
Architecture that blends into the landscape. An old fisherman’s cottage has been painstakingly converted into a spacious, light-filled dream residence. One that is entirely in harmony with the original village. With whitewashed walls, patterned wall tiles and exposed stone inspired by the Moors, linen sun sails and wooden pergolas. Situated in the very first row of houses, within a few paces the beach, at the far end of a quaint promenade where only fishing boats are moored.
Two flexible residences. The house with 190 m² of living space comprises two full-equipped apartments affording similar amenities. Apartment N°2 on the lower floor has two bedrooms. The two apartments can be leased separately for convenient individual use. Alternatively, the whole of Vila Marina can be reserved to create a little community – perfect for couples or families, who love spending their holidays together, but also appreciate some time to themselves.
Interior design with character. The same high standards prevail on both floors – from the kitchen to the carefully-selected furnishings. You will immediately feel very much at home in both. The same sofas and straw lamps, identical signature furnishings of the highest quality that help to ensure that something entirely priceless happens: the soul is opened up.
A very special haven – on the brink of the Atlantic. The blue expanse that opens out before you here is simply stunning. Indeed, the bright seating arranged beneath the sun sails seems to draw it right into the apartment. You’ll want to spread your arms out wide when you step outside.
Vila Marina Apartment N°2
The lower apartment has two entrances: one leads from the traffic-free “Rua da Bela Vista” down an internal flight of open-air steps – an architectural trick in a modern minimalist style. Both of the bedrooms face in this direction.
Alternatively, use the convenient main entrance with vehicle access and cross the terrace to access the lower floor. Both entrances have secure keypad access. You will then find yourself in the living and dining area, where the open-plan kitchen counter welcomes with direct views over the sea.
From the slightly raised angle of the upper floor, well-tended lawns frame the fantastic panorama. Floor-to-ceiling windows and glass terrace railings create a flowing transition from the dining table and sitting area with TV over the spacious veranda right down to the beach. If you slip through the door in the glass barrier, it is a matter of mere seconds before you can be wriggling your toes in the sand.
The apartment on the lower floor can comfortably accommodate four adults and one infant. The entire villa is perfect for a total of six persons – so perhaps the kids and parents (or grandparents) would like their own space?
- Entrances on the lower sides of the building
- Two spacious bedrooms, each with a double bed
- Two bathrooms with a shower and WC
- Living area with a fireplace, TV and reading corner
- Open-plan kitchen with an adjoining terrace
- Can be combined with the upper apartment (+2 persons)
- Free cot: We can gladly provide a free cot (120 x 60 cm) for children under the age of 3.
- Free use of the public car park
- Final cleaning: Each apartment is cleaned thoroughly after guests leave – this is automatically included. Want to book additional cleaning services for during your stay? Need fresh bedlinen or clean towels? Simply let the reception know.
- Airport transfer from/to Faro: Let us know when your flight will arrive and we’ll come pick you up at Faro Airport and take you and your luggage to your beach house in Salema or Carvoeiro. And at the end of your holiday, we can take you back to Faro Airport again. On request, a transfer service is also available to/from Lisbon.
- Welcome package "Comfort": Will you land late in the evening or don’t want to have to go to the supermarket when you arrive? Allow us to spoil you on your first morning with our breakfast service. Fresh bread rolls and a delicious selection of breakfast goods will be delivered directly to your door. Simply receive your breakfast in the morning and begin the first day of your beach house holiday with some pure indulgence!
- Welcome package "Superior": Enjoy a beach house holiday free from all chores and live as comfortably as in a hotel: why not treat yourself to the upgrade to our “Comfort” welcome package? This not only includes fresh rolls for breakfast on the first morning. You will also find the fridge already stocked with local delicacies and chilled beverages when you arrive at your holiday home. It would be our pleasure to take care of the shopping for you!
- Beach towel service: Beach towels can be borrowed at the reception for free. A deposit of €20 per towel is payable. Fresh beach towels can be requested every day.
- Laundry Service.
- A: November–March
- B: April–May
- C: June–August
- B: September–October