Casa Cavala (Salema) – A rural idyll, trees, the sound of the sea
4 persons 2 double beds50 sqmkitchen/dining areaBook now
Located on the old “Rua dos Pescadores”, Casa Cavala is close enough to the ocean for you to always be able to hear the crashing waves. The fisherfolk who built this house slightly higher up in the old town also cherished the views away from the sea, up the valley. Which is why the building sits low on the little road, but the property opens out below onto natural vegetation that offers a charming display in the changing seasons.
Two levels al fresco. The ground floor terrace is so sheltered, it’s almost impossible to peek in from outside. A large brick barbecue, table and benches wait for you to come enjoy life outdoors. There’s also a garden on the second level: trees, plants growing in an old washtub, the untouched nature further up and down the hillside ... the beach is just a short stroll away via a narrow alley that runs parallel to the promenade. Everything your heart could ever desire.
Agreeable family life indoors. Vila Cavala can accommodate up to four persons in its two small bedrooms with cosy furnishings. The dining table framed with a brick corner bench featuring comfortable cushions forms the apartment’s homely centre. A narrow straight staircase with curved steps reminiscent of the cliffs typical of the Algarve leads up to the upper floor. The ambience is authentic and welcoming; practical features have been complemented with loving details.
Maximum versatility. For all those who want to be able let their kids play safely outside to their hearts’ content. Who are fans of the freshest of fish obtained straight off the boat and cooked at home on the barbecue. For whom happiness is a secluded spot beneath the trees – Bem-vindo!
There’s also greenery behind the house, along with an outdoor kitchen – so many possibilities for a beach holiday with the kids.
- 2 bedrooms, each with a double bed
- Bathroom with a shower and WC
- Living area with a TV and reading corner
- Kitchen with an adjoining terrace
- Outdoor area with barbecue
- Garden with valley views
- Free cot: We can gladly provide a free cot (120 x 60 cm) for children under the age of 3.
- Free use of the public car park
- Final cleaning (will be listed separately in the booking): Each apartment is cleaned thoroughly after guests leave – this is automatically included. Want to book additional cleaning services for during your stay? Need fresh bedlinen or clean towels? Simply let the reception know.
- Airport transfer from/to Faro: Let us know when your flight will arrive and we’ll come pick you up at Faro Airport and take you and your luggage to your beach house in Salema or Carvoeiro. And at the end of your holiday, we can take you back to Faro Airport again. On request, a transfer service is also available to/from Lisbon.
- Beach towel service: Beach towels can be borrowed at the reception for free. A deposit of €20 per towel is payable. Fresh beach towels can be requested every day.
- A: November–March
- B: April–May
- C: June–August
- B: September–October