Vila Varanda (Salema) – … and a blue expanse unfolds before the terrace
6 persons3 double beds71 sqmKitchen / dining areaBook now
The local fisherfolk have always praised the superb location – the property occupies an absolutely prime spot on “Rua da Bela Vista”. For Vila Varanda is alone in its privilege of being able to offer holidaymakers sufficient space for a real terrace right on the doorstep. Courtesy of the houses’ arrangement on the hillside and the traffic-free alleys.
Live outdoors. A wonderful vantage point awaits with a wooden table and two benches, outdoor shower and bench seat. The Portuguese neighbours to the left and right lead quiet lives. The endless blue expanse of the sea and sky stretch out in front of you. The beach is just 100 metres away, beyond the scrub and remnants of authentic fishing life: an untouched hillside, cats, huts for storing the last active fishing boats.
An idyll hidden behind thick walls. Over time, the sound of the waves close by becomes intrinsic and pervades all walls. Whether the doors to the living room are open or not. It washes over the black and white sofa cushions and rolls through the kitchen; it ascends the narrow, white cast-iron staircase to the upper floor that generation upon generation of fisherfolk climbed before you; it rocks the occupants of the two little bedrooms to sleep and gently wakes them again the next morning.
Authentic Salema. We would recommend Vila Varanda to all small families. One of the three bedrooms is intended for children and comprises a bed along with an additional pull-out bed. Soak up as much of the authentic Atlantic atmosphere as you desire, literally on a level with the locals.
Alone the bench adorned with blue and white tiles on the neighbour’s tiny terrace perfectly embodies the authentic Portuguese feeling!
- Three bedrooms, each with a double bed
- One bathroom with a shower and WC
- Living area with a TV and reading corner
- Terrace with sea views
- Free cot: We can gladly provide a free cot (120 x 60 cm) for children under the age of 3.
- Free use of the public car park
- Final cleaning (will be listed separately in the booking): Each apartment is cleaned thoroughly after guests leave – this is automatically included. Want to book additional cleaning services for during your stay? Need fresh bedlinen or clean towels? Simply let the reception know.
- Airport transfer from/to Faro: Let us know when your flight will arrive and we’ll come pick you up at Faro Airport and take you and your luggage to your beach house in Salema or Carvoeiro. And at the end of your holiday, we can take you back to Faro Airport again. On request, a transfer service is also available to/from Lisbon.
- Welcome package "Comfort": Will you land late in the evening or don’t want to have to go to the supermarket when you arrive? Allow us to spoil you on your first morning with our breakfast service. Fresh bread rolls and a delicious selection of breakfast goods will be delivered directly to your door. Simply receive your breakfast in the morning and begin the first day of your beach house holiday with some pure indulgence!
- Welcome package "Superior": Enjoy a beach house holiday free from all chores and live as comfortably as in a hotel: why not treat yourself to the upgrade to our “Comfort” welcome package? This not only includes fresh rolls for breakfast on the first morning. You will also find the fridge already stocked with local delicacies and chilled beverages when you arrive at your holiday home. It would be our pleasure to take care of the shopping for you!
- Beach towel service: Beach towels can be borrowed at the reception for free. A deposit of €20 per towel is payable. Fresh beach towels can be requested every day.
- A: November–March
- B: April–May
- C: June–August
- B: September–October